Being aware of the historical and environmental heritage to be protected and preserved, Hausbrandt considers the implementation of an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System as a strategic and essential tool. Through a set of harmonious processes and clear rules, such tool enables us to maintain the skills and knowledge which allow us to keep pursuing excellence, in compliance with the legal principles concerning the health and safety of the products and their quality.
Since 2010, Hausbrandt has been certified according to UNI EN ISO 14001, a voluntary international standard which specifies the requirements for an environmental management system.
We acquire infrastructures, systems and equipment which, by leveraging sustainable technical progress and scientific research, promote the health and safety of our collaborators, customers and, in general, the community, allowing at the same time a rationalization of the production costs.
The most important goal is the modernization of our facilities (started in 2016), partly already achieved thanks to a number of new machines, but above all the opening of the new logistic hub, whose rooftop, entirely covered with solar panels, will allow us to power our production facilities.
We are committed to preventing any form of pollution, particularly with reference to our emissions or waste waters, as well as to prevent any form of waste of non-renewable resources directly generated or indirectly influenced by our activities. We recycle production waste and ensure safe waste disposal as much as possible.
We adopt, as far as possible, an LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) approach which allows us to study and improve environmental impacts, preventing any form of waste of non-renewable resources directly generated or influenced by our activities.
Projects currently being developed and to be implemented in the near future:
Recovery of silver skins as a byproduct
Compaction of mixed packaging to reduce the number of collections by authorized waste disposal companies
Both will help us achieve a better waste management
Since 2017, after the inauguration of the new logistic hub, the energy we have been using is generated by solar panels. Our PV system produces 199 KW which help us cover the energy needs of our logistic hub.
We have managed to optimize energy consumption thanks to our high-efficiency plants and a LED lighting network with automatic dimming
of Sulphur Dioxide
of Nitrogen Oxides
of Carbon Dioxide
of Hydrogen Sulfate
of Carbon Dioxide
Tons of oil equivalent
QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Hausbrandt Trieste 1892 S.p.A. believes in the importance of supplying products and services that generate value by adhering to sustainable practices that are economically feasible, socially equitable and respectful of man, the environment and the product.
To this end, it considers the implementation of an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System to be a strategic and fundamental tool so that, through a set of harmonious processes and clear rules, it can maintain skills and knowledge that enable the organization to continuously strive for excellence, while respecting the legal principles relating to the safety and healthiness of products and their quality, as well as the needs and expectations of stakeholders, and being aware of the relational, historical and environmental heritage to be protected and preserved.
The Hausbrandt Management System incorporates ISO 9001-14001-22000, BRC-IFS, Halal and Kosher standards.
Obtaining organic coffee brewer status is the synthesis of a production system that meets the preferences of certain consumers for products made with natural substances and processes, combining best environmental practices, a high level of biodiversity, the preservation of natural resources and animal welfare.
Furthermore, in order to strengthen the culture of legality in the corporate context as a guarantee of reliability in relations, Hausbrandt has adopted the 231 organizational model. By applying and disseminating its code of ethics, it intends to share its values of social responsibility.
Hausbrandt aims to achieve the following general objectives:
* – Ensuring that its resources are allocated to the continuous improvement of its performance and to the achievement of objectives in line with what has been established by the Management System and in compliance with the adopted mandatory and/or voluntary standards applicable to its business;
* To increase the operational quality of company processes in a logic of risk management, maximization of opportunities and continuous improvement;
* – Maintain the high quality of its products, paying attention to tradition, innovation and the quality of the main raw materials used in its production processes – green coffee, water, malt, barley, hops – by monitoring healthiness, allergens, origin, traceability and genuineness;
* Monitor and continually improve the level of service in the sense of :
* ✓ Seeking dialogue and interaction with the customer in order to obtain real-time feedback on the organization’s ability to meet their requirements. This takes place through constantly updated and operational websites, guided tours of its plants, events, support for cafés and public places intended as points of reference for art and culture;
* ✓ Presence in the territory through a widespread commercial and logistical structure and constant availability of product in its peripheral warehouses;
✓ Training for its intermediaries (freelancers and management): monitoring the dissemination of skills, the fruit of a long tradition, perfect knowledge of extraction methods and a constant striving towards the perfection of the result in the cup of coffee, as well as encouraging the maintenance of the best Central European tradition for the production and serving of beer;
✓ Attention to the expectations of all parties that are affected, perceive themselves to be affected or may affect the Hausbrandt System;
– Provide and maintain infrastructures, facilities, equipment in conditions suitable for the conformity of products and services and adopt practices that, taking into account sustainable technical progress and scientific research, promote a safe and healthy life for its employees, its customers and the community in general, while at the same time allowing for a rationalization of production costs;
– Continuously improve the health and safety conditions of all personnel working on behalf of Hausbrandt, promoting their participation and involvement in the constant commitment to eliminate, prevent and reduce residual risks in the workplace;
– Promote long-lasting relationships of active collaboration with suppliers, in order to improve the company’s performance, by means of a clear and shared qualification and verification system;
– Prevent all forms of pollution, with particular reference to its own emissions, water discharges and waste;
– Achieve, as far as possible, the recycling or reduction of processing waste;
– Adopt, as far as possible, an LCA approach that allows to deepen and reduce environmental impacts, preventing any form of waste of non-renewable resources generated directly by its activities or influenced by them;
– Recognize as an important factor of growth and continuous improvement the culture and training that must be promoted internally, to its own collaborators and managers, and externally, through the development of projects in collaboration with external public and private entities, aware that a critical consumption capacity is a competitive advantage for its own company;
– Promoting the dissemination of its objectives through communication on its websites, in the house organ, in company editorials and in sector magazines, and promoting the adoption of the above-mentioned Principles among its suppliers, collaborators and dealers.
Hausbrandt’s management is committed to ensuring that the Policy is implemented. To this end, it translates the general objectives into a plan of specific, measurable qualitative objectives and programs that make it possible to assess and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the system itself and to take action to address risks and opportunities.
The objectives are reviewed periodically.
Each business function is responsible for implementing the Policy and achieving the objectives within its competence.
The Policy is made available to interested parties and reviewed by Management.
Nervesa della Battaglia, 23 April 2021